Monday, July 28, 2008

All of 2007 - in quick review

2007!!! The year of the *pause to look up the chinese zodiac* Boar(Pig).

It was a long ass year for me and a lot of things came to an end. Quit my first awesome job, (Blur Studios October 05 - May 07), started working for and left my first job at my first major company (Sony Pictures Imageworks June 07 - October 07), and then worked for a dream company of mine since I was a child (Jim Henson Creatureshop October 07 - December 07).

Along the way I made a new demoreel, took a couple screen writing classes, wrote several short stories (some meant for live action, some not), and started on a screenplay that I'm half way thru that I really need to just finish already.

Overall the year was mainly focused on work and things of that nature. After leaving Sony I ended up landing a gig here in New Zealand working for Weta Digital, but that didn't start up til 2008 *another, slighter pause*. The year of Splinter, also known as the year of the Rat.

cheers,
malcolm.

No comments: