Thursday, July 31, 2008

April 2008

April saw a variety of things in different areas of exploration. That makes me sound like I discovered something crazy. And I guess I did something crazy as far as my own live is concerned.

I took several different classes and saw a bit more of the country.

1. Took a sailing class starting at the end of April. Oddly enough I started up the class the morning after my first big night on the town here in Wellington. Tune in to next month's "New Stuff" to learn about me quitting my first sailing class the day of the last class. Fuck you Dean.
2. Hosted my first Couchsurfer. Really nice chap named Brian Cohen. He's the first of about 10 or so that I've hosted so far. Incredibly nice American guy, wish I'd had a chance to hang out with him more. I think within a week of him being here I hosted Ruby. She was awesome as well. English lass with just a huge heart for adventure and a wonderful personality. I was well on my way to falling in love with couchsurfing.
3. Took a couple cooking classes. This one that was North African (Moroccan mainly) and a Spanish one. Didn't get to go to all of the spanish class but made some good friends in the African one so that was pretty rockin.
4. Almost killed myself and a friend when we accidentally climbed a mountain. We decided to visit the Putingirua Pinnacles about 3 hours east of Wellington. They filmed some LOTR stuff there so it seemed like it might be a cool little trek. Little did we know, but the "easist" path ended up being this 2 hour hike up a huge mountain. When we finished we both just sat there and prayed for a quick death. The walk back took like 30 minutes. Never again will I trust guideposts in Kiwiland that say something is easy. They're lying, cause kiwis are mutants. Plain and simple.
5. Did a bit of work on Tintin. Nothing too crazy, but another flick none the less.
6. Me and the rest of the Creatures Department got to visit the Weta Workshop. It was pretty damn wicked to tell the truth. Things that really stick out in my mind still are seeing the "Hall of Weapons" and getting to ride on the life size Warthog tank from Halo. That was amazing.

So that was April. A couple big things, couple small things, and luckily I didn't drown.

Cheers,
Malcolm.

No comments: